Re: Multiple IPs to 2 interfaces problem with default route

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Patrick Chemla wrote:

> I have set up a Fedora 11 NAT server to NAT outgoing traffic to 2 interfaces
> to 2 ISPs.

> It works very fine with one interface, but when I try to activate the second
> interface, I think I get a problem with the default route.
>
> When I started the interfaces, eth1 got a public IP and a default gateway.
> This default gateway is the default gateway for all the server. eth2 has his
> own public IP, own gateway.
>
> I tried to remove the default gateway, thinking the route will be according to
> the NAT setup, but no more packet can get out of the server.
>
> But I need to split packets to interfaces eth1 and eth2 according to the
> public IP of the internal server, not according to a default route always
> pointing to eth1.
>
> How can I set up these routes?

Look for "source based routing" or "policy routing" - this hasn't got
much to do with NAT or netfilter.

Something like
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.html
may help you.

c'ya
sven-haegar

--
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
- Ben F.