Re: fwmark & iptables

Matt Hakim a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Matt Hakim <thepigs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Forgot about that, sorry. Make sure sysctl net.ipv4.conf.ppp0.rp_filter
>>> is set to 0 after ppp0 is created, otherwise the packet is discarded at
>>> the input routing decision stage. sysctl net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter
>>> contains the value that will be set for any new interface.
>>
>> Didn't seem to help.
>
> OK its working now, after I did various:
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/rp_filter

What is the kernel version ? In 2.6.31 and newer versions, because of
the previous addition of "loose mode" to reverse path filtering in
version 2.6.30 (see Documentation/networking/ip-sysct.txt [1]), the
combination of net.ipv4.conf.$interface.rp_filter and
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter to produce the functional value for
$interface was changed from a logical AND into an arithmetic MAX, so
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter must also be set to 0 to disable reverse
path filtering on an interface. However it should not be necessary to
set rp_filter to 0 for eth0 too if it is not used for advanced routing.

> Thanks for your help,

You're welcome. This is a common but tricky issue.

[1] Note for myself : ask to change "conf/all/rp_filter must also be set
to non-zero to do source validation on the interface" in ip-sysctl.txt
which is no longer true and thus misleading.