Re: How to protect apache benchmarking attack ?

Marek Kierdelewicz wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>

> Hello J.,
>

>> I am dared to see what "ab" (apache benchmarking too) can do  against
>> an apache server.  I have used the following against my server to check
>> call handling
>>

> You can use hashlimit [1] match of iptables to limit concurrent
> connections from single IP.
>
> [1] http://linux.die.net/man/8/iptables -> lookup hashlimit; note:
> current versions of hashlimit can also use srcip as --hashlimit-mode;
> that's probably what you want
>
> Cheers,
> Marek Kierdelewicz

Hello Marek,

thanks for your prompt reply. I'll look into the hashlimit as you
suggest.  Though a question in mind. Can It somehow affect the web
access from general users. ?  I need the protection but also don't  like
my protection makes the web service block general  users somehow :-)

Any real-life configuration is always Welcome.

Thanks

--
জয়দীপ বক্সী