Re: Multiple interfaces with the same IP address

2009/10/7 Rick Jones <rick.jones2@xxxxxx>:
> Greg Wilson-Lindberg wrote:
>>
>> Rick Jones wrote:
>>

> I have not fully parsed the manpage for the ip command, but it does have
> tidbits which suggest being able to specify interfaces by name when
> manipulating routing tables.  If that is correct you should be able to add
> specific host routes pointing-out specific interface names if you are indeed
> forced to put assign the same IP address to each of the HCLC interfaces on
> the "gateway."

Yes,

  ip route add x.x.x.x/x dev eth1

or similar works fine.

If you like, you can also use ip addr add x.x.x.x/32 dev eth1 to set
an ip-address without having the kernel automatically install a subnet
route. Then manage the routing tables complete by yourself.

/Oskar