Re: Checking line status

Nope: The (initial) routing decision is taken first and then the chains
are traversed as follows.

http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/br_fw_ia/br_fw_ia.html#section3

Odd, the diagram I was using differed in where the routing decision was made. But that seems to fit more with what is happening...

But apparently when you set fwmarks the kernel then reconsiders
its routing  decision later on, don't ask me how that works, maybe
some of the developers can answer that.

Google dragged up this:

http://rumytaulu.wordpress.com/2009/05/23/linux-loadbalancing-with-two-adsl-modems/

Cheers for the link, I think i'd read that before and others. My rules are similar (if expanded for more interfaces), that works fine for forwarded packets (as does mine) but not locally generated ones - unless you have a default route in. I've had trouble load balancing locally sourced packets - although I will only be using them to test the lines and modify the rules if a line goes down..

I'll post the script once i've tested things.

Thanks