Re: Checking line status

Hello,

John Lister a écrit :
> I thought local packets went through this chain
>
> mangle(OUTPUT) -> nat (OUTPUT) -> OUTPUT -> routing decision -> mangle
> (POSTROUTING) -> nat (POSTROUTING)

Actually there is an initial decision routing when the packet is created
before the OUTPUT chains, in order to select the output interface and
source address. Also after "nat (OUTPUT)" it should be "filter (OUTPUT)".

[...]
> ip rule add fwmark 111 table 111
> ip rule add fwmark 222 table 222
>
> iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -j CONNMARK --restore-mark
> iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -m mark --mark 0 -m state --state NEW -m
> statistic --mode nth --every 2 --packet 0 -j MARK --set-mark 111
> iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -m mark --mark 0 -m state --state
>     -j MARK --set-mark 111

Isn't something missing in that rule ?
Also, I can see no iptables rule setting mark 222.

> I would hope that the first set of iptables rules mark the packets before
> the routing rules forward them on their way

This is normally what happens.