Re: tc problems

You can indeed use the MAC addess in a u32 match by using negative
offsets.  See the faq article for details.
http://www.docum.org/docum.org/faq/cache/62.html

This will work to enforce your w1/w2 based download limits on the LAN
interface.

However, when your upload packets leave the WAN interface, the original
workstation MACs will be long gone before the TC processing occurs.  You
could use the mac source tests in iptables and marks to propagate the
information to the TC phase.

Susan