Packet, Netfilter and libnetfilter_conntrack

Hello all,

In order to do NAT at user-space, I need to know about some aspects
related to connection tracking and NAT.
-With the "normal" kernel nat, where does the packet really get changed??
-The "normal" nat packet change happens before or after the packet is
enqueued to user-space by libnetfiltet_queue?
-How do I look for a TCP/IPv4 connection in the conntrack table using
packet's payload?
-What exactally does the ATTR_SNAT_IPV4, ATTR_DNAT_IPV4,
ATTR_SNAT_PORT and ATTR_DNAT_PORT attributes in the conntrack entry?

If somebody may help me, thanks in the advance.

--Bruno Moreira Guedes