blocking only https access

Hi everyone,

I have blocked outgoing connections using port 443 in my network to force everyone to use the webproxy. However, some non-http applications (like ShowMyPC) uses the port 443, and don't support proxies yet. I've contacted the support of the software to know with IPs do i have to allow it to make the program work properly, but they said there change their server IPs very often, so they recomend use the domain name to block.

I have readed a lot here in the list and in other places that i SHOULD NOT use domain names in iptables, cause it will result in a dns request to every packet that reachs that rule.

the question is: is there a way that i can identify only SSL packets that contain web content, so i can allow those who haven't, like the ShowMyPc packets?

--

*Leonardo de Souza Carneiro*
*Veltrac - Tecnologia em Logística.*