Re: Bastille/netfilter with Linux 2.6.28 blocks connections

> Not right that "both" have the default gw to 192.168.1.1 Only the
> clients on 192.168.1.0/24 have to. The router (the server where you are
> writing the iptables rules) need another gw!
Yes, I have your mentioned setup here: clients have 192.168.1.1 as gateway and 192.168.1.1 has the PPP partner as its gateway.

> Try
> IP -F -t nat
> IP -F FORWARD
> IP -A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
> IP -A FORWARD -i eth1 -m state --state NEW -j LOG --log-prefix "NEW FW"
> IP -A FORWARD -i eth1 -j ACCEPT
> IP -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -m state --state NEW -j LOG --log-prefix "NEW POR"
> IP -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
I suppose I should not replace my _whole_ ruleset but a small part? Else these rules will be a little less secure.

And currently my firewall got attacked on port 110 which is (sadly!) reachable on all NICs.

So where should I add/replace your rules?

> For this into the above iptables.list there are no rules!
> IP -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 30017 -j DNAT --to-destination
> 192.168.1.17
>
> and add the forward one
I have a similar one already and as I said, it worked before like a sharm. :)

So the "bug" must be someone else. Okay, I put all in /etc/Bastille in a ZIP and try it from a fresh installation. Then I put my custom firewall.d back in place step-by-step.

If that is still failing I try yours but shut down a lot processes on my box. I hate that my box got hacked by some script-kiddie or spammer .... :(

I will add "netstat -lnp" soon!

> I don't know about this....
Okay, never mind. :)

> Michele