Re: Which "illegal" tcp-fragments should be blocked?

Hi,

2008/11/27 Gáspár Lajos <swifty@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> So here is my new INVALID list:
>
> ACK,SYN,FIN,RST NONE  --> -4 variations. (PSH and URG never should be set
> alone.)
> RST,SYN RST,SYN --> -16 variations.
> RST,FIN RST,FIN --> -8 variations.
> SYN,FIN SYN,FIN --> -8 variations.

Thanks for the explanation & references! I'm beginning to understand
why you've made your choices.  Just for reference, I've also found the
info on the CHAOS target here
(http://jengelh.medozas.de/projects/chaostables/) to be helpful.

I am still unclear about some of these 'other' invalid mask/comp pairs
I see ... For example,

  SYN,FIN,RST,ACK,URG,PUSH,ECE,CWR  FIN,URG,PUSH

Is this pair already included as a subset of your 36 invalid combos?
Or is it yet something different?

--JC