Re: FTP-server on non-standard port behind DNAT, client behind SNAT

В Вто, 11/11/2008 в 16:16 +0100, Pascal Hambourg пишет:
> Hello,
>
> Pokotilenko Kostik a écrit :
> > I have proftpd-server with virtual hosts running on 21 and 3421 ports.
> > Both are masquerading to the public IP of a gateway/nat.
> >
> > Gateway/nat running:
> > ip_conntrack_ftp ports=21,3421
> > ip_nat_ftp ports=21,3421
> >
> > Using a client behind the SNAT I can connect to 21 and get directory
> > listing in passive mode, can connect to 3421 but CAN'T get directory
> > listing in passive mode.
> >
> > Seems like ip_conntrack_ftp/ip_nat_ftp doesn't spy 3421 port. What can
> > be wrong? How to debug?
> >
> > Directory listing on 21 goes well:
> >
> > ftp> pass
> > Passive mode on.
> > ftp> ls
> > 227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,236,99).
> > 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
> > [directory listings]
> > 226 Transfer complete.
> > ftp>
> >
> > When trying to get directory listing on 3421 I get:
> >
> > ftp> pas
> > Passive mode on.
> > ftp> ls
> > 227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,157,8).
> > ftp: connect: Connection refused
> > ftp>
> >
> > where xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx: public IP of gateway/nat of a FTP server.
>
> AFAIK, the public address in the reply to the PASV command means that
> ip_conntrack_ftp and ip_nat_ftp monitors the control connection on port
> 3421 too, unless the server itself advertised the public address.

The server advertise the public address itself, it's proftpd with this
option:
<VirtualHost yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy>
  MasqueradeAddress xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx
</VirtualHost>

where yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy: privat IP.

> Could
> it be the client-side SNAT which rejects the data connection ?

No, all outgoing connection are allowed. Moreover on port 21 data
connection port is within same range, so this is not the case.

--
Покотиленко Костик <casper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>