Re: Weird NAT problem

On Saturday 01 November 2008 23:48:34 Grant Taylor wrote:
> > I've done the same thing the same way before without running into
> > trouble - but this time, clients have no problem keeping an existing
> > transfer going, but initiating connections seems to be troublesome.
>
> Ok...
>
> Is it any connection or just some specific destinations?

It's almost any connection -- and the few connections that do work don't seem
to be related to the destination. It seems more related to transfer size:

$ scp bero@xxxxxxxx:linux*tar.bz2 .
Password:
linux-2.6.27.2.tar.bz2		0%	0	0.0 KB/s	- stalled -

So, authentication works, and it definitely gets something back or it wouldn't
know the filename -- but it stops and just sits there as soon as bigger
amounts of data get transferred.

It can't be a performance problem on the router - this is a quadcore box that
is (currently) almost idle, and has virtually no traffic on either ethernet
card.

Regards
Bernhard