Re: Transfer ipv6 packages over ipv4 iptables gateway to ipv4 ISP's network

On 10/15/08 15:32, Elvir Kuric wrote:
I am wondering does someone has experinece with translation from ipv6 ---> ipv4, I mean I am going to set up my home computers to use IPv6 but still I have to push my iptables rules ( I know iptable supports ipv6 ) and my gateway to packages from ipv6 network prepare for ipv4 network ( my ISP provider )

Sorry, I've avoided IPv6 as of yet.

Any suggestio is welcome and thank you in advance.

Try taking a look at this web page http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/lartc.tunnel-ipv6.addressing.html and see if there is any thing helpful there.

I'm not quite sure how IPTables will come in to play with both IPv4 and IPv6. Also, that particular web page only deals with tunneling IPv6, not gatewaying it to IPv4.

Grant. . . .