Re: Https website is not accessible once transparent proxy is set up

>   struct sockaddr_in sin;
>   socklen_t len = sizeof(sin);
>   getsockopt (sock, SOL_IP, SO_ORIGINAL_DST, &sin, &len);
>   sprintf(buf, "CONNECT %s:%d HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n",
>          inet_ntoa(sin.sin_addr), ntohs(sin.sin_port));

The idea is wonderful.

> I can't remember if I found this by grepping the squid source code or from a
> different web proxy.  I really must find the time to pretty up my program
> (and remove the bug that makes it crash from time to time) so I can publish
> it somewhere for general consumption.   It saves having to configure
> world+dog to use a proxy.

This is something similar to what applications like: tsocks and
transconnect do. But, they work at the client side.

But, can one setup a NAT server that does the appropriate forwarding
for https connections? This would look like there is a transparent
proxy setup.

Apologies, if the thread actually talks about the above mentioned stuff ... :)

--
Vimal