Re: Https website is not accessible once transparent proxy is set up

El Mar, 16 de Septiembre de 2008, 13:19, John Haxby escribió:
> ArcosCom Linux User wrote:
>> Read about HTTP transparent proxy.
>>
>> The HTTPS can't be transparently proxied (as I now) for yet.
>>

> Well, not by squid, but the connection can be transparently proxied.   I
> have a tiny transparent proxy that redirects all connections to any port
> outside an intranet to a connection through an HTTP CONNECT request.

As I now (and have working some HTTP proxyes with squid+iptables), the
problem are the requests.

Well, when you do a REDIRECT from 80 to 3128 (for squid), the squid must
know that it is working in transparent mode to process correctly the HTTP
requests, because they aren't directly for the proxy.

If you use the same theory for any other protocol, the "proxy" must know
how to process correctly these type of connections.

What "tiny transparent proxy" are you using? Perhaps, anybody could help
you in any trick with it!!.

> jch
> --

Regards