Re: iptables not prevent access

> How to find the routing table? 13.121.8.119 is a Windows 2003 Server OS.

As someone mentioned on this thread, use: netstat -nr and paste the output here.

>> So, it looks like the packet isn't arriving via interface eth0.
>
> Looks like so. But from what I see, 13.121.8.119 has only one network card. Is it possible that it has interfaces other than eth0?

Hmmm... Could you paste the output of an ifconfig equivalent program?
I am not sure what it is on Windows (ipconfig, maybe?). But, this will
show all the network interfaces.

You did mention that you ran a network packet capturing program. Could
you run it on _all_ interfaces?

(Just a wild guess) One other possibility is that your server == your
client (13.121.8.119). In this case, all packets are routed via lo,
and not via eth0. :) Can you type: http://127.0.0.1 in your browser to
see if you can access the website?

> Yep, looks like so. But I have no clear proof of it. I have got some screen captures of the network settings of 13.121.8.119. Can I send them to you guys as attachments?

Could you try this:

* Run the sniffing software on the client, capturing _all_ packets
(without any filter) and on _all_ interfaces.
* From the client (119) access the server webpage.
* See what you get on the client side.

I hope I wasn't too confusing.

--
Vimal