Re: conntrackd failover works partially, was Re: conntrack performance test results in INVALID packets

Bernhard Bock wrote:
>> 1) does /var/log/conntrackd.log - or syslog - tells anything relevant?
>> Are the entries being comitted to kernel-space successfully?
>
> according to both conntrackd.log and syslog, entries are being commited.
> I see no relevant negative entries in both logs (except of course the
> INVALID packets).
>
>> 2) Can you see the committed entries in the kernel via `conntrack -L'
>> after the fail-over?
>
> yes.
>
>> 3) Are you noticing any abnormal CPU consumption?
>
> no.

Is there any pattern in the invalid log messages that your rule-set
matches during the fail-over?

Are the packets hitting invalid or new-not-syn in your rule-set?

Can you check if the packets that are logged as invalid have a
state-entry? Just take one of the log messages and do `conntrack -L -p
tcp --dport XYZW' to check if there is a state-entry about that
connection while it keeps logging the packet as such state-entry would
not exist.

Are you noticing state-entries marked as UNREPLIED in TCP states !=
SYN_SENT?

--
"Los honestos son inadaptados sociales" -- Les Luthiers