Re: Question about packet flow picture.

Hi!

Thanks for the answer!

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:53 PM, Billy Crook <billycrook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do not believe it is accurate.  Primarily because  it appears to
> indicate that forwarded packets go through the INPUT and OUTPUT
> chains, and AFAIK, they do not.
>
> This is much newer, and I believe, more accurate:
> http://jengelh.medozas.de/images/nf-packet-flow.png

Sure it is, it looks pretty much like a "new version" of the one I
use.  I only see one detail, it says that:

OUTPUT (raw) ---> Conntrack ---> OUTPUT (mangle) ----> reroute
check???? ---> OUTPUT (nat)

Shouldn't the "reroute check" go *after* OUTPUT (nat) ?

and I have one doubt:

It says that:

ebtables OUTPUT (nat) --> ebtables OUTPUT (filter) --> ebtables
POSTROUTING (nat) --> Network Output

But, shouldn't it "reroute" the packet after ebtables OUTPUT (nat)?

Once again, thanks for the answer!

Sincerely,

Ildefonso Camargo