iptables rules for cups printer discovery

I'm wondering whether there are iptables rules that will permit cups snmp printer discovery to operate without creating a serious security risk.

Cups printer discovery works by sending a broadcast from a high numbered port (a different one each time) to the snmp port (161) of every device on the local network. Printers are then supposed to send back replies from their port 161 to the high numbered port on the computer that the broadcast came from. Since the replies are to a broadcast, they are not treated as ESTABLISHED or RELATED by iptables rules. My question is really whether there is some way of identifying replies to such a broadcast, so that I don't have to let through all udp packets from port 161 of any machine on the local network to all high numbered ports on my machine, at any time, which looks as if it might be unsafe, especially when I can't be certain that the local network is absolutely secure against break-ins.

Thanks.