Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset-2.3.2

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:

Is statically linking still supported?

No, it has never been supported. (Probaly you mean iptables?)

No, I mean kernel.

I ask because http://ipset.netfilter.org/install.html no longer points to a
pom-ng file and it seems that
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic-ng/snapshot/ is currently abandoned
- there have been no new files created since 2008-05-21.

Oh, I see. I'll add back a pom-ng snapshot to ipset.netfilter.org. The
pom-ng repository is available from svn - the snapshot creation was
probably stopped when most of the repositories were moved to git.

In ordert to cut the last ropes tying ipset to pom-ng, I added support to
"patch" the kernel directly to the ipset package.

So I have just released ipset-2.3.2a, which includes the required bits and
files with and updated README file on how to compile modular and
non-modular kernels with ipset support. Please give it a try and report me
if something would be missing.

Works For Me, thank you.

Best regards,

				Krzysztof Olędzki