Re: load balance [OT?] [Solution]

On 06/30/08 10:34, Martin wrote:
Well, I don't know if understood it ok, but I'll try to answer it.

*nod*

Ping work pretty well for me. Ping each gateway and if them responds and if them are not saturated, load balance works great. If one gateway doesn't responds or it's saturated, traffic switch to the other interface.

Ok.

About the loop, if one of the gateways goes down, but it still responds because it passes traffic between both nics internally in servers, you can test some things.

Ok, you are deciding to let the loop happen and just detect that it is and / or prevent it from happening. I guess that is another way to solve the problem. IMHO, not having the loop happen is better, but what ever works for you.

Please, keep us updated about your tests or if you can solve it. May be a different thread would be better to keep a track of this.

Um, I'm not testing, that was based on what I have done in the past.

Grant. . . .