Duplicating multicast packets with -j ROUTE --tee

Hi everyone,

I'm a complete newbie with iptables. I've read some tutorials from
netfilters.org in order to have a look about how to proceed. I'm
generating a multicast flow and, in order to take some research
results, I would like to duplicate the packets in the source computer
through the ethernet interface.

I'm working in a Debian machine with kernel 2.6.18-6-686 and iptables
version 1.3.6. I have done some research with google and, eventually,
I've tried this:

   # iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -d 239.255.1.0/24 -o eth0 -j ROUTE
--tee --oif eth0

but I obtain:

   iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

Besides that, if I try the same without specifying what ROUTE should do:

   # iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -d 239.255.1.0/24 -o eth0 -j ROUTE

I get:

   iptables v1.3.6: ROUTE target: oif, iif or gw option required
   Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

Then, I think that the ROUTE target is included in the kernel, so I
suppose there's no need to apply a patch and recompile the kernel but
I don't know what to do in order to succeed in this.

Anyway, I would like to get some help for more experienced users or
anyone who has dealed with this issue. Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thank you all,
Javi