Re: Is it possible to log SNAT mappings?

Hello,

On Wednesday, 2008 June 11 at 10:25:07 -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> Is there any setting in the kernel or in iptables that will enable
> generation of a log of all SNAT mappings as they are created?  The log
> should include the original source [IP, protocol, port] plus the mapped
> [IP, port].

You can use ulogd2 to achieve this. It can take netfilter_conntrack as
input and store the event in database or files.

The software is in pre rc state but it is working fine for me.

URLs:
 * Homepage: http://www.netfilter.org/projects/ulogd/index.html
 * user doc: http://software.inl.fr/trac/wiki/ulogd2/user
 * tutorial: http://www.wzdftpd.net/blog/index.php?2008/04/05/19-ulogd2-the-new-userspace-logging-daemon-for-netfilter-iptables-part-2