Re: DNAT routing problem

On 05/09/08 08:30, Andrea Ranieri wrote:
My previous tests involved a ipv4 flow going always from 10.0.5.2 to 10.0.6.2, and the results remains those I wrote in my first mail. Now I tried to change the source IP, and finally, the natting process begins. But obiviously with a strange behavior...

(See below.)

In this test I always have the 10.0.5.2->10.0.6.2 flow running, and a 10.0.5.[2 to 5]->10.0.6.2 flow. Every IP except the .2 get natted. The .2 remains unchanged. Moreover, when i flush the nat table, the rule disappear but .3, .4 and .5 IPs continue to get natted. I think that's a cache problem.

This really makes me believe that you are dealing with what connection tracking thinks is an on going existing established flow / connection. Remember that the NAT table only sees the first packet of a connection. So if you are altering your NAT table after a connection is established it will name make any difference to the existing connection. This is further exemplified by you testing .3-.5 and seeing them start to change and then continue doing what they were when you flush your NAT table. I think you will find that if you stop your connections, wait a few minutes, and then start them back up they will behave as expected.

It's time to put feet in the mouth, isn't it? ^___^

Na.  ;)

Grant. . . .