Re: Cloning Traffic had having it processed by two different hosts - TEE

here's what I need to do: Our central routers all export cisco
netflow data. This data is being sent to HOST A where it is
processed. Now for some researching, I also need this data on HOST
B for another kind of processing. So what I want to do is to clone
the traffic arriving at HOST A. One copy should be processed by
HOST A as usual and the copy needs to be sent to HOST B. As we do
not only want to passively monitor this traffic, but really work
with it, the copied traffic also needs to be rewritten with HOST
B's IP address in the netflow data's Headers.

Use the RAW(S|D)NAT target for rewriting the address. It is available
in the RAWNAT branch of the git repo.

I finally got the TEE addon compiled under a 2.6.23.16 kernel, but
RAWNAT does not compile:

http://pastebin.com/m5d4d2040

I also had problems with other addons but I commented them out as I dont
need them anyway. In that pastebin, although it says it was
xtables-addons-1.5.4, it really is the latest addons snapshot from
http://dev.computergmbh.de/gitweb.cgi?p=xtables-addons;h=RAWNAT;a=shortlog

The teed packet however does not cross iptables on the machine it is
teed due to ... limitations in ip_tables, not because there could possible be some infinite recursion, so you would need to RAWNAT on a different machine.

Now as there is no documentation, I have to ask: How do I set it up?
I need to clone incoming packets, leaving one copy for a local process and forwarding the other copy to another host. I also need to rewrite IP Dst addresses of the copy to the other host.

This will clone all tcp packets destined to port 80, right?
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j TEE --gateway 1.2.3.4

Now why does TEE need a gateway (can't it use the default gateway?) and how do I tell my machine to forward these just copied packets to host 6.7.8.9? And how do I use RAWNAT to tamper with the Dst-IP address of the copied packets?

 -best regards, bjoern

PS: When I get this to run I will blog a tutorial on that copied routing. I think that is a good idea as there is absolutely no documentation