Re: simple connection bridging

On 04/14/08 06:01, whiplash wrote:
Because I didn't know if the mentioned linux box was the default gateway for the two XP boxes...:)

Regardless whether or not the Windows XP systems have routes to each others subnets or they use the default route, the Linux system has to be set up to allow IP Forwarding. (I not recall having seen any thing indicating that the Linux box was indeed presently doing this.)

In other words, it is entirely possible for each XP system to get to the Linux system with out allowing routing between the two subnets / XP systems.

Grant. . . .