Re: Packets not traversing the POSTROUTING table?

On Tuesday 2008-04-08 20:15, Eric B. wrote:

>>>Sorry, but what is the LOGMARK target?  I can't seem to find that
>>>target anywhere in the docs or the man pages.  I've seen the LOG
>>>target and the MARK target, but not sure what the LOGMARK target
>>>is.
>>
>> Similar to LOG but instead of dumping the packet data, it dumps
>> the associated Netfilter metastructures.
>
>I'm not sure I follow.  I'm using iptables v1.2.11, and I've tried the
>following command, but as I feared, LOGMARK is an unknown target for my
>version.  Is there a way to get the logmark target for my version, or do I
>need to update the entire package?

LOGMARK is an extension I wrote, and it being in the xtables-addons
package menas you need kernel 2.6.18 at least (but newer is always
better, we are approaching 2.6.25), and the xtables base package.

>Does Xtables completely replace the iptables package?

Technically yes. Politically no :)

>Do precompiled binaries exist for it?

I only have for OpenSUSE 10.3.

					Oh the joy of enterprise distros...