Re: pre 2.6.14 ip_queue - packet shrink issues?

--- Eric Leblond <eric@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Friday, 2008 March 28 at  6:07:47 -0700, Scott
> MacKay wrote:
> > With ip_queue, under the older libipq style
> interface
> > I seem to be having a problem resizing a mangled
> > message smaller under 2.6.  It seems like the
> contents
> > could be changed, but the receiver got the
> original
> > packet size, like the trim failed or something.
> Still
> > need to check the details in ethereal, but from
> anyone
> > using ip_queue or noting improvements in the new
> > style, does an issue like this ring any bells?
> Thanks
> > in advance!
>
> I think remember such an issue. It has been fixed
> and should work with
> up-to-date code (I mean with libnetfilter_queue).
>
> BR,
> --
> Eric Leblond
> INL: http://www.inl.fr/
> NuFW: http://www.nufw.org/

Aah...so possibly no fix in the older style?  The new
design seems easy enough to port to, I was just hoping
on not hopping too many revisions from the kernel rev
I have in (RHEL 4.5) if possible.  I was glad a minor
UG within the up2date cleared my huge issue (panic
when returning a payload thru libipq) but this of
course is just as bad...I had a hope to keep in the
RHEL available kernel distros but understand if this
was rolled in outside of what is convenient.

-Scott