Re: Why does ipv6 enabled interfere with ipv4 SNAT?

On Tuesday 2008-03-25 03:44, Whit Blauvelt wrote:

Not sure what you're thinking there. My problem wasn't with there being too
many devices, but with two of the devices I actually have not being
represented - and with Netfilter not doing _ipv4_ SNAT on account of
something with _ipv6_.

How does it break? Do the counters increase in the nat table at all?
Do the chain and/or rule counters increase if you add the same rule
without action? (I.e.:

	-t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth4 -m whatever
	-t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth4 -m whatever -j SNAT --to xyz

It still works with opensuse plus 2.6.23. Well, I suggest you
try a stock kernel.

It is a stock kernel, if by that you mean a stock distro kernel -
Ubuntu's latest, 2.6.22-14-server.

Stock vanilla kernel.org kernel.