Re: [NFQUEUE] Help with program that changes DHCP payload

Vincent Arniego wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm kinda new here and I would like some help regarding
 netfilter_queue. If this is asked already, forgive me I didn't see it in the archives.

I'm making a program that changes the value of an attribute in the DHCP
 payload.
I'm using nfqueue to intercept the packet, change the content of the
 payload and resend it again to DHCP
which resides in the same server as the firewall. Why am I doing this?
 I'm making a pseudo option 82 using a translated bridge (which the mac
 is unchangeable) but I'm using the hostname attribute instead.

Stop right there. The ISC DHCP server does very funky stuff to see packets addressed to 0.0.0.0. This means those packets do not go through netfilter. I bet this is at the root of your problem.

I cannot think of a quick way to change this. Maybe hacking at dhcrelay sources is an better option.

HTH,
M4

-