Could iptables read a trace file?

I would like to know if iptables can read from a trace file.

The only way I know is to use a dummy interface and then do a tcpreplay
to the dummy interface, but I do not know why the iptables do not run in
this interface, perhaps it drops all the pkts before them arrive to the
iptables level, I say iptables level because I can see the pkts with
tcpdump, that works in lower level, in the dummy interface. Also I tried
to modify with tcpwrite the source and destination MACs of the trace
file with the dummy's MAC but did not work.

Any hints?

Valentín

-