Re: iptables block samba or not?

Eial Czerwacki escreveu:
hello to all.
I have a strange issue with iptables an samba, I've added samba's ports to iptables and tried to connect to my local network but it isnt
working, it seems that iptables is blocking samba. here are my iptables rules:

   iptables is NOT blocking samba. YOUR rules are blocking samba traffic.

the ports are open and they receiving packages but the policy accept total is showing 0.
It's pretty obvious that nothing is going to reach your default policy ACCEPT rule ... you have a last one REJECT rule that matches 0/0 all protocols. So, EVERYTHING will match your REJECT rule and, thus, never reach ACCEPT default policy one.

how can I open them? what port or rule did I missed?
i dont have a clue .... get yourself a LOG rule before the final REJECT and watch for the LOGged rejected traffic .....

one more thing, is there a way to sent multiple source addresses to one rule?
i think that can be acchieved using ipset stuff. But that's not completly easy ... i have never searched for that. When I need multiple sources, i get multiple rules ....

   but seems ipset can do the job.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues