Re: Packet duplication

Rob Sterenborg wrote:
i patched the kernel sources with pom and compiled and installed and
then compiled and installed iptables 1.3.7 but still i get

nst2:~ # /usr/local/sbin/iptables -A PREROUTE -t mangle -p
udp --dport 9090 -j ROUTE
iptables v1.3.7: Couldn't load target
`ROUTE':/usr/local/lib/iptables/libipt_ROUTE.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

So, "locate libipt_ROUTE.so" doesn't return
"/usr/local/lib/iptables/libipt_ROUTE.so".

In that case I suppose there was an error when compiling iptables
(perhaps also when compiling the kernel?) that caused libipt_ROUTE.so
not to be compiled. When you ran "make", did you see any related errors?
Anyway, I don't think I can help you there; I'm not a developer, maybe
someone else can.

thats correct. locate finds nothing. in an attempt at hacking i added ROUTE to the variable PF_EXT_SLIB in extensions/Makefile and tried to make but then get

nst2:~/iptables-1.3.7 # make
Unable to resolve dependency on linux/netfilter_ipv4/ipt_ROUTE.h. Try 'make clean'. Extensions found: IPv4:CLUSTERIP IPv4:connbytes IPv4:dccp IPv4:quota IPv4:recent IPv4:statistic IPv4:string IPv6:REJECT IPv6:ah IPv6:esp IPv6:frag IPv6:ipv6header IPv6:hbh IPv6:dst IPv6:rt IPv6:sctp

i could not see any problem in compiling either the kernel or iptables. what did strike me as odd was when i ran the ./runme script in pom it never asks me for the patch on routing so i answer N to all the questions. this right ???
-