Re: "DNAT" w/o changing source address?

On 10/3/2007 10:21 AM, John Madden wrote:
I've got the typical DNAT configuration working fine, but I'm wondering if there's a way to "port forward" without changing the source address of the packets so that the destination sees the actual client's IP?

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but Destination NATing should not alter the source IP address of the packet that is being NATed.

Honestly, I wonder how you are doing your DNATing and if you are not also possibly unknowingly SNATing as well.

Grant. . . .
-