Re: problem on iptables

You don't need any patch to put to work netfilter/iptables.

I'm pretty sure that is disabled in the kernel configuration.

Jorge.

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:48:30 -0400
 "Peng Yang" <pey204@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
In our current kernel, iptables doesn't work due to the error "can't
initialize iptables table `filter'".
I suspect that the netfilter is not turned on in the kernel.
We download the v2.6.20.11 sourcecode and try to do a menuconfig but
the networking packet filtering framework does not provide any option
for us to select to turn on netfilter. Can anyone let me know what patch files
I need to add to allow me to choose this netfilter feature?

thanks
peng

Jorge Isaac Davila Lopez
Nicaragua Open Source