RE: netfilter optimization.

> Oh yes sorry,  you can't set it in sysctl.conf then, since the module
> must probably already be loaded if you can use that. Try the module
> load parameters instead (options ip_conntrack hashsize=XXXX in
> /etc/modprobe.d/somefile worked in older kernels).
>
> I am actually just patching the numbers in to the kernel version
> myself, since I don't want to have a module-based kernel on my
firewall
> box.

I've also found the same setting in a couple of list groups.  Here's
what I have, but it doesn't seem to work:

[root@localhost etc]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
options ip_conntrack hashsize=1048576

alias eth0 eepro100

I'm going to play around with it for a while.  If I can't get it to work
through modprobe I'll just tweak /etc/init.d/iptables to populate
/sys/...  since that seemed to work.  I was just looking for a more
elegant solution.

Thanks for all of the help.  This solve my problem of hitting the limits
in any event.

Gary