Kernel-2-6 and iptables issue

Hi
I would like to have one questionregarding to the compilation of the linux-kernel (2.6) and iptables.

I need to run a firewall within the linux box, which could support at least ipp2p filtering, l7-layer filtering, connlimit, quota, tarpit, ip_mark.

I would like to know which version of the kernel, iptables, patch-o-magic and other patchs to use to make compilation of the kernel and iptables without any errors.

I have aleady tried to use kernels and iptables of many versions but the compilation of kernel was broken with some errors.

For instance I used this packages:
linux-2.6.16.27.tar.bz2
iptables-1.3.5.tar.bz2
patch-o-matic-ng-20060626.tar.bz2
patch-o-matic-ng-20060511.tar.bz2

linux-2.6.16-imq2.diff
iptables-1.3.0-imq1.diff
esfq-2.6.15.1.tar.gz

netfilter-layer7-v2.2.tar.gz
l7-protocols-2006-05-21.tar.gz

- but without success. (there was incompatibily pointer with connlimit and tarpit)

Please, can you tell me which version can I use for proper kernel compilation ?

Thanks

Regards

Miroslav