Re: two subnets...

On 07/30/07 05:31, Pawel wrote:
I need to remove 3 machines from one subnet (192.168.0.0/25) to new physical subnet. I want to add new network card to my linux router and create new subnet (192.168.0.96/29).

Ok...

My  issuse:  I cannot touch any IPs  of any machine ....

Ah.  Here in lies the rub.

how to do it? What is the best solution? (proxy arp, additional routing table?)

Do you really need a new subnet or just a new physical network? If the later is the case, add a new network card to the Linux router and bridge that new card with the old card that the computers were on. Once you have the bridge in place, move the IP address that was assigned to the old network card to the bridge interface. This will allow the old machines to function as they were as well as the machines that you moved. If you do not want the old machines to be able to talk to the ones that you moved, use an EBTables (Bridging) rule to block traffic from passing from the old NIC to the new NIC wile still allowing them to get to the router the way they need to.

This works *GREAT*! I have used it a lot of places and have been very happy with the results.

Grant. . . .