load balancing over a very large number of outgoing addresses?

Hi,
I have recently developed a need to multiplex connections from within a NAT over several (hundred, even thousand if possible) external IPs. I can have all of these IPs routed to a single interface on my NAT box, however I am not exactly sure how to set up a random/round robin load balancing scheme such that outgoing connections from my network each get a random source address from my source address pool.

I have come across this how-to:
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

However it seems that I cannot scale these routing rules past 255 routes, and unlike the example, I am not multiplexing interfaces but only IPs in roughly a contiguous /16 range being routed to this linux machine.

Any suggestions on how to get this up and running would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Chris Kanich