Common installation error

Hi,

I just upgraded to 1.3.8 of iptables with Kernel 2.6.21.  When I run my
iptables script, it seems that it doesn't recognize the tables and modules I
have.  I have script for 5 years now and it doesn't bark at me with older
iptable version and older kernel.

Anyway, whats the common iptables installation errors that caused this, I
followed the instructions on the INSTALL?

TIA