Re: Error accepting new connection

Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl wrote:
Hi list,
I don't know if this are a iptables or a kernel or where it come from,
but after this, I cannot more login on my server, so I think that it's a
kernel/net problem, so I ask here :)

I see that on my syslog there are a ton (milions) of:

Jul 22 11:44:51 srv syslog-ng[22054]: Error accepting new connection;
error='Too many open files (24)'

But this is a "simple" server that do only nat and some other, simple,
tasks, and there are no programs that can open so many files.

Doesn't seem like a netfilter problem. Try using lsof (before the point where you cannot login, or on a previous login if that still works) and netstat to see where those filehandles go.

HTH,
M4