Re: per socket nfmark

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007,   wrote:

>  I would like to bring up the question, if there is a way to associate a
> nfmark with a socket. It would be very helpful as it saves the matching
> against iptables rules which would have to than match the packet and
> associate the nfmark.
>
> The same question was already posted here:
> http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter/2002-October/039074.html

i ended up using IPTOS to do what i wanted... it can't handle nearly as
many cases, but i ended up just burning a few extra IP addresses to get
all the traffic shaping classes i needed.

i wrote a mod_iptos for apache so it could set IPTOS appropriately
depending on response size, or vhost or whatever.

http://arctic.org/~dean/mod_iptos/

i haven't ported it to apache 2.x yet.

-dean