Re: Netfilter Hooks

Hello,

> if you use a string match and match for a specific string inside the
> packet, lets say get /index.html. Will that work? Normally, yes.
> However, if the packet size is very small, it will not. The reason is
> that iptables is built to work on a per packet basis, which means that
> if the string is split into several separate packets, iptables will
> not see that whole string. For this reason, you are much, much better
> off using a proxy of some sort for filtering in the application layer.
>
> Use Squid.
That's correct (I hope).
The point is "what is the idea of Knuth-Pratt-Morris algorithm in string
module, if Boyer-Moore works fine?". I assume there should be some pros
and cons of it, hence my curiosity.
Anyway thnx for your indication by demonstration.

Cheers,
JK

--
Regards,

Jan Kogut
Computer Systems Administrator
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology

ul. Ks. Trojdena 4
02-109 Warsaw, Poland
http://genesilico.pl

:.