Re: Netfilter Hooks

Hi,

> look for "string" in the manpage to iptables.
>
> iptables ... -m string --string "GOOGLE" --algo bm ...
>
> should be the right pointer for you.

I am wondering about the usability of the Knuth-Pratt-Morris algorithm
(--algo kmp).

here
http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~lecroq/string/node14.html#SECTION00140
vs
http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~lecroq/string/node8.html#SECTION0080

we can see that Boyer-Moore gives definitely better performance than
Knuth-Pratt-Morris.
That is why I am curious about when kmp is better than bm ?

Cheers,
JK

--
Regards,

Jan Kogut
Computer Systems Administrator
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology

ul. Ks. Trojdena 4
02-109 Warsaw, Poland
http://genesilico.pl

:.