RE: simple question

I would like to somehow use conntrack's events for very simple
synchronization of two connection tracking tables. So, I need to know
what should be a reason for particular events. As far as I know there
are NEW, UPDATE and DESTROY events available. In case of UPDATE event
I'm not sure when it occurs ... So, when is UPDATE event issued?

Thanks,
Michal Filka