Re: Bridge Transparent Proxy

Grant Taylor a écrit :

Brouters are usually used to allow globally routable systems IP addresses to be used in front of and behind a firewall (of sorts). I.e. a small block of IP addresses that the brouter uses for its external IP address as well as internal public servers use IP addresses from to be directly accessible from the net with out any sort of NAT.

I'm curious : why is a bridge needed for this ? Doesn't a simple router do the job as well ?