Re: iptables NAT routing issues

Bas Verhoeven a écrit :

Which option did you choose ?
[...]
On the webserver we now mark all outgoing web packets:
[...]
And we use iproute2 to forward them back to the outbound server:
[...]

Ok. You seem to know how to use advanced routing, I am a bit surprised you said you "weren't aware of that option".

Couldn't test with CONNMARK, as the box doesn't ship with that, but MARK works great for now.

The 'CONNMARK' target and the 'connmark' match were included in the kernel 2.6.10. Earlier kernel versions had to be patched with the patch-o-matic-ng.

I did test your last option too, but that just didn't work and sounded very hacky-ish, not something we could rely on, even if it worked.

Huh, what last option ? I don't know what you're talking about. ;-)