Re: iptables NAT routing issues

Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Use the outer box as a gateway, if it is in the same network. You do not have to use it as the default gateway for all traffic but at least for the HTTP return traffic. This could be done with iptables and advanced routing on the web server, for instance using the source port 80 to MARK packets or using CONNMARK/connmark.
I wasn't aware of that option, it seems to work fine ;-)

Thanks.

You could try to use the NOTRACK target on the web server in order to prevent the incoming SYN packets from creating a new connection, so the replies could be SNATed. But I would not bet a euro-cent on such a dirty method. If someone asks who suggested it, don't say it's me. ;-)