Re: delete NAT conntrack entry.

On May 10 2007 07:14, Wakko Warner wrote:

>If it were possible that when a rule like that is deleted, all
>active conntrack entries that this rule causes would be removed.

Problem 1: We would have to record in a ct entry what rule caused
the ct to come alive. What if we have an empty ruleset? Conntracking
still runs even when no iptables rules are in position.

Problem 2: If I wanted to move a rule inside a chain,
deleting/reinserting it would kill the ct entry and - given some
ruleset* (there are many more that would apply) - stops all
connections immediately.

  -P INPUT DROP
  -A INPUT -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
  -A INPUT -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -p tcp --syn -j ACCEPT

	Jan